Crafting Your Message
Tips and Tricks for Educators to Deliver Perfect Presentations (A clear process for planning and delivering highly effective presentations)
Become a confident, dynamic presenter with the guidance of Crafting Your Message. Written by expert presenter Tammy Heflebower, this book outlines a clear process for planning and delivering highly effective presentations, overcoming speech anxiety, and improving communication skills. In total, more than 100 ideas and strategies are shared to help you augment your message, from triggering thinking and building consensus to summarizing information and checking for understanding.
Embrace the art of public speaking, and discover what makes a successful presentation stand out:
- Develop an understanding of presentation as a skill that can be improved through practice and positive feedback.
- Become familiar with the unique learning needs of adults and how best to meet those needs through the art of presentation.
- Discover ways to elevate all aspects of your presentations, from designing the message itself to considering audio, visuals, and room setup.
- Explore numerous strategies to improve your success with and effectiveness in each step of the presentation process.
- Improve self-confidence, handle speech anxiety, and overcome a fear of public speaking.
Table of Contents
About the Author
Part One: The Message
Chapter 1: Preparing an Effective Message
Chapter 2: Planning the Delivery
Chapter 3: Setting the Stage
Chapter 4: Creating Effective Introductions and Conclusions
Chapter 5: Delivering the Message
Chapter 6: Designing Visuals and Print Materials
Chapter 7: Reflecting On Your Practice
Chapter 8: Presenting Tips, Tricks, and Troubleshooting
Part Two: Processes and Protocols
Chapter 9: Team Building
Chapter 10: Triggering Thinking
Chapter 11: Processing and Practicing
Chapter 12: Consensus Building
Chapter 13: Summarizing
Chapter 14: Checking for Understanding